Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I feel that it can be much easier to communicate with an audience who doesn't know me. I sometimes feel more free just to say exactly how I feel. With people who know me I feel they might judge me more because they know my past and tendancies and I almost feel an obligation to tell them stuff that lines up with what I think they think of me. Does that make any sense? It does to me. If I am talking with a counselor I feel very free to say anything and everything. I know they are there to help with no other agenda at all, and they are not suppose to judge either. Something someone who knows you might do more readily without even thinking about it.
I know that a lot of people don't feel the same way. They really don't like strangers to know a lot about them. (a personal file) I can totally understand why someone might not want to open up to someone they don't know or trust. So I guess it is the counsellors job to build that trust and show that they care and are there to help without bias or judgement. A tough job I would presume.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura Jean said...

I am glad to know that you have found someone where you can be your complete self with, knowing what you say stays between you both and that they are not biased from the past. Only thing they want for you is for you to find that peace and comfort at the end of your challenge. For me, the other avenue I have taken when it comes to dealing with thoughts and feelings I don't want bottled up inside is journalling. You know you can feel free to write whatever is heavy on your heart. Take care Peter. LJ

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete - we admire your honesty. God changes people thru different avenues - some are so hard....forgetting those things that are behind..press on!!!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hey are you still seeing a counselor? Or is this blog in reference to classes you're taking at school?

6:14 PM  
Blogger Erin Rebecca said...

Hope your games are great this weekend, wish we could come watch you!

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey peter i don't know if you remember me, i'm jodys step daughter ummm feel free to email me i would like to catch up and see how your doing
red_skittles_turn_me_on@hotmail.com

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home