Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Almost there

Peter JamesNo nothing deep behind the tittle. Just saying it is almost the new year, and I guess I am looking forward to that. It has been a year unlike any other in my life. Well there was one other that was pretty crazy but this is a doozy too. Not all bad by any stretch, but very heavy I would say.
It is almost time to go to Mexico as well. I found out that Phil and I will be going to the El Cid Castilla Beach Hotel in Mazatlan. Never been there, so I like it already. It looks like a pretty sweet place, all inclusive and you get to stay at one play at three. Not too bad at all! I love my job.
Also I wanted to let you know that my exams went really well. I have a 4.0 in one class a 3.7 in another and then a 2.5 in the last. I had a rough start in that one and was behind the whole time, there was something weighing on my mind back at the begining, what was that again? Oh well, it is done and dusted now.
Christmas was nice for me this year. We had mother come and cook us breakfast (see below post) and then after some cleaning Jon and I set of for a jaunt around Princess Island Park. Funny enough we sat right in front of an old crime scene I know all too well. Some sort of engagement happened there last year, I try to block it out. Anyhow, as we were sitting there in the warm sun smoking our pipes, I noticed that we might appear to be quite gay. There were about ten benches there on either side of us and we were sitting shoulder to shoulder both of us with our legs crossed smoking our pipes.Jon suggested that I not cross my legs at the same time as him but that we take turns. No bother, it was a good time of reflection and Philosophy. Then it was off to Laura's for an amazing feast with the rest of the family. I am still full at this moment, thanks Laura and Chalotte (Lauras mamma)
So here is to a good Christmas and looking forward to getting out of this year alive and actually doing very well. Thanks to all friends and family for support and gifts, I love elephants!

11 Comments:

Blogger Laura Jean said...

Hey Peter - glad that you were able to come, it was great having you here. My fridge has never been this full - I have to do some emptying before Jessica comes back so she will have a place to put her food in the fridge. Doing a leftover ham casserole tonight for my cousin, but I am sure there will be plenty of ham left over still. Hope you enjoyed the Mom's saver your mom made for you. Enjoy the rest of the Christmas break Peter. Take care.

10:02 AM  
Blogger mamma james said...

You make me laugh! You have a very good and interesting way of putting things so its fun to read your blog. Celebrations and new starts etc were very much part of God's planning and I think they are important...every day in fact...a new beginning ... but New Year...that's a special one for me.

10:32 AM  
Blogger mamma james said...

You make me laugh! You have a very good and interesting way of putting things so its fun to read your blog. Celebrations and new starts etc were very much part of God's planning and I think they are important...every day in fact...a new beginning ... but New Year...that's a special one for me.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Erin Rebecca said...

Good to hear from you. Good job with the exams, they usually make my marks go down. You brothers are collecting quite a few gay stories. I like the romantic cruise story best from when you and David were in Mexico. Maybe you and Phil will have those problems too:) Too bad david couldn't have been there on the bench with you two on Christmas Day, he definetely would have had his legs crossed:)

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pete,

It was great talking with you the other day. Not quite the same as face to face but still great.

Enjoy the sun for me down south.

Mark

10:06 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Where are ya Pete? You haven't blogged in awhile and I'm lost as to how yer doing! Guess I could call, though. I miss ya.
AMy

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Peter, where are you? I almost saw you the other day...but we were both going somewhere :) What's up? What's going on? How are you doing? When are you going to visit?

I miss you !

Sara

8:06 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Peter Where ARE YOU?!
I heard you were sick but I didn't think you were DEAD! Did you get my email? Did you get my phone message? (ok, I didn't leave a phone message ... or even try to call yet) But I will!
I tried to email Jon but it came back to me. What's with that? Doesn't he have email anymore?

I miss you guys. WHen are you coming in to try out the new poker table?

Talk to ya soon (I hope)
AMy

9:44 AM  
Blogger Meagan20 said...

http://meagan20-auntypooh.blogspot.com/search?q=

Thats my blog if u ever wanna check it out

1:30 AM  
Blogger Erin Rebecca said...

are you going to post again? i hope so....

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey uncle,
How are you? I miss seeing your posts! Give us the update!
Mary Elizabeth

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home