Monday, December 25, 2006

Success?

Peter JamesWhat really is success? Is it the big house, money, career? Forget that noise. I say it is knowing what you want to do, doing what you want to do, and being good at what you do. So in that case my mother is one of the most successful people I know. All she ever wanted to do was to get married and be a mother. She did that. And as far as being good at what she does, she is the best mother I know. For a little example here is what she did. She spent several days befor Christmas cooking an amazing amount of food, which I could never get her to tell me what it was for. It turns out that it was for all of us to have precooked meals for a while. Which for me could be the best thing ever. Then on Christmas morning she got up at five thirty and cooked breakfast for Sara's family. Then headed over to Amanda's house and cooked breakfast for her family. Then drove into town and cooked breakfast for Jon and I. She is simply amazing and we love her to death. Thanks mamma.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Jean said...

Aren't moms great? It's just those little things they do that mean so much. Having precooked meals are great to have when you really don't feel like cooking that day. Definitely gives you variety to your menu, which is great too. Great seeing you today at dinner Peter.

8:49 PM  
Blogger mamma james said...

I was right with you with the success thing till it got personal then you made me cry! (That's good!) Thanks Peter!
Love ya
mj

9:17 PM  
Blogger Erin Rebecca said...

Charlotte is an amazing mother. I wouldn't be suprised if she did the same for us, she'd find freezer packs somewhere on ebay or she'd freeze dry the meals and send them to us that way. Or more likely she'd fly here and make them herself while giving us a few weeks away! Nothing is impossible for her when it comes to her kids, I like that and I'm glad to be under the care of Charlotte too- why do you think I married David?:)

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All right, Im going to have to steal her next Christmas! Fair warning has been given!!

Of course, you would all be welcome down as well...

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she's a huge sucess story as a friend too.
Love Margie

3:25 PM  
Blogger reppepper said...

Hey, Peter. I've been reading your blog. Well, the comments mostly. I gather that any private discussions have moved to the private arena (or have ceased).

Personally speaking, I do recommend comment-monitoring. A blog is not a democracy; it belongs to you and you are in charge. Anyone else who feels silenced or misrepresented can start another blog, but both (or all) parties need to beware of libelling others.

However, once a comment (or a post) has been posted it is "out there" and possibly even archived somewhere (such as web.archive.org), even if deleted. Therefore, time for reflection and monitoring is good.

BTW Shakespeare had Mark Antony say "Let loose the DOGS of war." -- not that "guns" is *wrong*, but just in case you had Julius Caesar in mind....

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home