Monday, May 21, 2007

NEVER KNEW

So as I had said before, I have been trying to work out a lot more, and running is probably the biggest factor for me. I was talking to my buddy Allen and he convinced me that running outside was 10 times better for me then running on a tread. I usually only ran inside, but since I am really trying to get in top shape, I gave in and started to run outside. I have done a few runs on the back streets around my apartment and I found two amazingliy beautiful parks. They both are right along the elbow river and were such a nice surprise. I have gone back on non work out related ventures a few times and really enjoyed myself. I bet there are so many more beautiful places all around Calgary that I have no idea about. Anyhow the parks are Elbow park and Stanley park if you wish to check them out. Also on Sunday Jon took me to a garden park that has a nice little breakfast cafe as well. It too was very beautiful and had some nice trees to climb. It does back right up against a cemetary, but thats okay, we all die right.

4 Comments:

Blogger I Shadowz said...

Great to (figuratively:) hear your voice! We are leaving today to go get a baby brother for me in Tennesee (however you spell that:) so we are pretty excited! mj

10:24 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yeah, we all die. Maybe some even die while running to get in shape ... if their hearts are weak. But I don't anticipate that happening to you. Although if it did do you think you'd like to be buried in that particular cemetary? That way your mourners could come and have a pleasant breakfast while overlooking your grave.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are lots of parks in Calgary - keep running, you might find some more!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished a half-marathon and agree that running outside is "better" though 10X might be stretching it a bit.

I should also add that while I lost about 3 lbs in training, I lost 10 more once I started lawncare this summer! Apparently keeping up with 30 lawns does the trick for me.
Mark James

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home