Thursday, June 21, 2007

PETER'S PICKS

Here are some of my favorite movies, all having to do with Africa and the struggles around the world. I would recommend all of them, and then listen to Bob Dylan's song "What Good Am I?" I don't know exactly what he is talking about in the song (can you ever with Bob) but it seems to fit pretty well to me.
THE KILLING FIELDS
CATCH A FIRE
THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND
BEYOND BOARDERS
BLOOD DIAMOND
THE POWER OF ONE
HOTEL RWANDA
Mix in a Bond movie too, just cause they are good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

woah, I've only watched one of those movies and it was a loooong time ago. I think I adopt an ostrich-like attitude about stuff like that. (head in the sand) If I can't see it then maybe its not really happening. Putting that in print makes it seem so bad. (and rightfully so) Perhaps I'll have to take some time this year to acquaint myself with what IS going on in other parts of the world. I'll start with the news, and newspaper. I have such little time for movies these days that I really do reserve it for pure entertainment-type flicks. Fluffy stuff. And that's ok too.
Love ya Pete

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sooooo - do you think you will end up working in AFrica with Esther?

8:53 AM  
Blogger Erin Rebecca said...

tuva is a lot like africa:) not really but I'd just rather you go there than africa.
I don't know that I've seen any of those movies.. David has probably seen them all. I never watched movies till I married David. now i love snuggling down with david and a drink and a snack and ya the movie too.
Thanks for posting... miss you, Erin

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have they changed in 3 years? have any new ones?

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home